Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Prayers for China

Wednesday: Pork Fried Rice http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/237524

Sliced tomatoes

Reflections from the Backcounter

I cannot get the images of the poor children trapped in the rubble of the earthquake out of my mind. The scope of this disaster is unfathomable and hard to confront. As I sit in my comfortable house with my children safely asleep in their beds, my heart breaks for the Chinese mothers who have lost their children and with them a part of their very heart and soul. Motherhood transcends culture, geography, religion and politics. All mothers can relate to the joy and pain of motherhood. A mother's loss is felt by all mothers. Join me in prayer for the mothers who are suffering unthinkable pain and loss. I lift them up.
Peace,

Julia

No comments:

ShareThis