Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kids on summer break: Sloths in kids clothing

Wednesday: Baked chicken with Rosemary and Lemon

Reflections from the Backcounter

The long awaited summer has finally arrived and I am already irritated with my sleep zombie teenagers. I know that biologically they need more sleep than the average sloth but for pete's sake "Get out of bed" I had to engage my best remote parenting techniques about 15 times yesterday just to get them moving before 1 p.m. Given that I am up by 5 and out the door by 7:30 this is more than a little irritating. Really irritating when they choose to ignore the ringing phone. This is the cross that all working mother's must bear. It is really hard to supervise kids from work and when there is no help at home...what can a mother do? I am leaving detailed lists for the to do's and I suppose a sleeping teen is better than a teen out looking for trouble!
Today is a baked chicken for dinner. The teen task today is to use the recipe from the Backcounter Buffet and make the dinner. More life skill training for the little darlings and a break from cooking for me. Will report on the outcome later tonight and hope to have pictures of the succulent bird to share!

Off to work.
Peace,

Julia

No comments:

ShareThis