Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Blogosphere

Reflections from the Backcounter



New to the blog world, I am fascinated by the community of people encountered, the different blogs and the opportunities available to bloggers. When I first started, I signed up for PayPerPost. It sounded like a great idea...get paid to write about things you know. Great idea but my blog got a big fat rejection. The reviewer felt that there was not enough original writing. I think he/she got stuck on the fact that I list menus on my blog and thought that I wasn't writing. Anyway, I let it sit for a while and recently reapplied and was accepted. Now I haven't actually written anything that I will be paid for yet but I am optimistic. Why not explore ways to boost the income to the household, especially with gas approaching $4.00 /gallon? I am shocked at the cost to fill my tank and by the cost of milk. Currently, my crew drinks a gallon a day and so I do my grocery shopping based on the cost of milk. Yesterday I lucked into a $1.88/gallon deal at Basha's. So I bought extra to make yogurt.
Anyway, back to PayPerPost, they have just posted a notice that a blog will be eligible after 30 days of activity instead of 90. So it is much easier to qualify and participate in the program. If you surf blogs, you will see that a variety of bloggers participate in the program. Check it out and see if it is something that you can add to your blog.

payperpost







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on Payperpost, I was unaware of that (got too caught up in other things I guess!)

ShareThis