Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday: The crest of the mountain

Wednesday: Crock pot Fajitas

Unfortunately, my crock pot is not available so I have to shift our menu tonight. The chicken and shrimp jambalya was a hit with the barn crew and I had to leave the crock pot there for the dinner stragglers to finish. Flavors were wonderful but it overcooked. I think my crockpot has two speeds, hot and hottest. Anyway, this is a recipe that is worth making again and it traveled well. I am sure that cleaning the crockpot after its overnight stay in the barn will be similar to removing barnacles from the hull of a ship.

Reflections from the Backcounter

By Wednesday, I am always tired. Half way through the week and there is still a significant portion of the mountain to climb before the weekend respite arrives. By now, the dog hair is again gathering strength and tenacity along the baseboards and the dust is visibly clinging to every horizontal surface in the house. I am tired of the early morning rush out the door and did I mention the piles of laundry multiplying like bacteria in a petri dish?
By Wednesday, I am always tired.

If the week is a mountain, then without doubt Wednesday is the crest. Tomorrow is when the easier slide down the other side begins and the weekend respite becomes tangible. Until then, toe crampons and ice axes may be needed to reach the summit of the peak. This week is a high altitude climb because of the additional work of the horseshow.

"How you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. And so it is with life which for many of us becomes one big gigantic test followed by one big gigantic lesson. In the end, it all comes down to one word; GRACE. It's how you accept winning and losing, good luck and bad luck, the darkness and the light."

Peace,

Julia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grace - I love that - I need to keep remembering that!

LLF1027

ShareThis