Saturday, April 12, 2008

The blog to the rescue

Reflections from the Backcounter

Teens need a purpose. This week was proof of this concept. It was a particularly trying week in our family: stress, strife, overwork, overscheduled... the usual. Tuesday night there was no dinner in sight and I was not in the mood to deal with it. The blog to the rescue. All of these hours diligently typing in my menus and recipes and voila...a miracle. My 13 and 14 year old daughters knocked on my bedroom door where I had taken refuge from the storm and announced to me that they had prepared dinner. When I asked them what they had made, they looked at me in amazement and said "Well the blog menu of course!" They had made the pasta with peas and mint and a salad. I was thunderstruck. Great kids, great effort, not so great recipe...did anyone else make it? We all thought it was not very good and doused our dishes in yogurt. That helped but then again we like the whole yogurt mint thing.

Looking forward to more meals next week...wonders may never cease.

Peace,

Julia

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Grateful for sharing thhis

ShareThis