Friday, February 20, 2009

Coop construction and Coyotes

Reflections from the Backcounter

Coyotes are on my mind. Last night we had a coyote chorus right outside our window that went on for a half hour. The finale was the cacophony of the yip yapping victory screams that accompany a kill. Yikes...I think they have hit on the scent of the chickens in the garage. Construction on the camo coop began in earnest today and we are modifying the design as we go. The coyotes last night were rather centering. Function over form at this point. I do not want to have to run outside in my underwear to fend off marauding coyotes. This will be interesting. But...time is of the essence as the chicks are peeking over the top of the rubbermaid container at this point.

More on the peeps later

Julia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I come here often for the chickens :) I Like seeing them grow! Wish I could raise a couple of them myself but I wouldn't know where to put them. Hope those wiley coyotes stay far away from the chickens :)

ShareThis